Allusions in a Song

The Book of You and I
Alec Benjamin

"but her love ran dry and we fell apart"
From that lyric, we can find one allusion which is her love ran dry. In my opinion, it means the love that she has felt different or she didn't love him anymore and they fell apart. So, we can conclude that this lyric means her love for him has gone that makes them fell apart.

"don't tell me that it's over, the book of you and I"
This lyric has allusion which is the book of you and I. I'm pretty sure that the book of you and I intimate their relationship story. As we know, every relationship has its own story and in this lyric, it shows that the book of you and I is a place that keeps their story.

"Now you've scribbled out my name and erased my favorite lines"
In that lyric, we can find two allusions that are scribbled out my name and erased my favorite lines. From my perspective, the first allusion means that "you" have forgotten "me" by getting rid of "my" name from "your" mind. And, the second allusion means that "you" dismiss it from your mind and lose sight of everything that "I" have said. So, we can take as "you" think no more of "me".

"there were so many chapters that we never got to write"
The allusion in this lyric is chapters that we never got to write. From the way I see, chapters that mentioned in the lyric means their experience in their relationship. And we never got to write means they can't experience something together because they were over.

"but now I'm missing bits and pieces from the pages that you took"
From that lyric, we can find that the overall lyric has allusion. In the final analysis, that lyric means they make a story together which is the book of you and I, but when they fell apart she took some pages which are part of their stories together and makes "I" felt lost half of his life.

Komentar

Postingan Populer